View this email in a browser
First Year as Your Senator
When I was sworn in as your Senator this year, I made one very important promise: to work hard!
To stay accountable, I am sharing a snapshot of just some of what I have accomplished this year in conjunction with the Senate Republican majority. First, to be transparent to you, and secondly, to set goals for 2024.
Here is what we accomplished in 2023:
- Brought back more than $27 million in state grants to the 40th District
- In Harrisburg, I prime sponsored 25 legislative proposals.
- Five of my bills passed the Senate, all bipartisan. They are awaiting action in the House.
- As Chairwoman of the Local Government Committee, we reported 18 bills, all bipartisan.
- I founded and serve as co-chair of the Senate’s first Mental Health Caucus – tasked with creating research for future policy decisions.
- I was appointed to the Governor’s Commission on Women, the Gino Merli Veterans Home Advisory Council, and the Local Government Commission.
- I was also appointed to the Appropriations Committee charged with reviewing the state budget line-by-line.
- In the District, I continue to focus on problem-solving, acting as a liaison and resource for our local community, businesses, and individuals who need assistance with state-related issues.
- We filed over 260 Property Tax Rebates for Seniors.
- Helped over 90 Veterans obtain benefits through the American Legion.
- Hosted 8 district events attended by thousands of constituents, fostering education and resources.
- Published Human Resource Guides for Lackawanna, Monroe, and Wayne Counties.
- Published Residents Guides for Lackawanna, Monroe, and Wayne Counties.
In addition, I always do my best to personally attend community functions, business openings, Eagle Scout Ceremonies, 100th Birthdays in an effort to stay connected and be accessible to the people I serve. Please always feel welcome to speak with me at these events.
In 2024, I will use these accomplishments to build on delivering more for the 40th Senatorial District. As always, thank you for your trust in me to work hard for you. I will continue to focus on common sense policy and results while creating an environment that fosters patriotism, deeper education, good government, kindness, and respect.
It is going to be a great 2024!